About this Policy
This Policy describes how we process your personal data at Darbu.
It applies to your use of:
- All Darbu streaming services as a user. This includes use of these services under our free or paid options (each a “Service Option”); and
From now on, we’ll collectively call these the “Darbu Service”.
From time to time, we may develop new or offer additional services. They’ll also be subject to this Policy, unless stated otherwise when we introduce them.
Your personal data rights and controls
Privacy law give rights to individuals over their personal data. See your rights and their descriptions in this table.
Its your rights to…
Be informed of the personal data we process about you and to request access to it
Request that we amend or update your personal data where it’s inaccurate or incomplete
Request that we delete certain of your personal data
Request that we temporarily or permanently stop processing all or some of your personal data
Object to us processing your personal data at any time, on grounds relating to your particular situation
Object to your personal data being processed for direct marketing purposes
Request a copy of your personal data in electronic format and the right to transmit that personal data for use in another party’s service
Not be subject to automated decision-making
Not be subject to a decision based solely on automated decision making (decisions without human involvement), including profiling, where the decision would have a legal effect on you or produce a similarly significant effect
How to exercise your rights with Darbu
To request a copy of your personal data from Darbu, visit your account Privacy Settings. There you can automatically download much of your personal data and find out how to request more information.
You can edit your User Data under “Edit profile” in your account.
You can remove audio content from your profile by selecting the relevant content and choosing to remove it. For example, you can remove playlists from your profile, or remove a track from your playlist.
To request erasure of your other personal data from Darbu (e.g. your User Data, Usage Data and other data listed in Section 3 ‘Personal data we collect about you’ below), see our support page.
Your other rights:
You can contact Darbu directly to exercise your rights at any time (see Section 11 ‘How to contact us’).
In addition, here are more privacy resources and controls:
Privacy Settings - control the processing of certain personal data, including Tailored Ads.
Notification Settings - learn how to set which marketing communications you get from Darbu.
Personal Data we collect about you
These tables set out the categories of personal data we collect and use.
Collected when you sign up for the Darbu Service or when you update your account
- Personal data that we need to create your Darbu account and enables you to use the Darbu Service.
The type of data collected depends on the type of Service Option you have, how you create your account, the country you are in, and if you use third party services to sign in. This may include your:
- Profile Name
- Email address
- Phone number
We receive some of this data from you e.g. from the sign up form or account page.
*We also collect some of this data from your device e.g. country. *
These are the personal data collected about you when you’re accessing and/or using the Darbu Service.
Information about how you use Darbu
- Information about your Darbu Service Option.
- Your actions with the Darbu Service (including date and time), such as:
- Search queries
- Streaming history
- Playlists you create
- Your library
- Browsing history
- Account settings
- Interactions with other Darbu users
- Your use of third party services, devices and applications in connection with the Darbu Service
- Inferences (i.e., our understanding) of your interests and preferences based on your usage of the Darbu Service.
- Content you post to any part of the Darbu Service, such as images, text, playlist titles, communications, and other types of content.
Your technical data
Online identifiers such as cookie data and IP addresses
Information about the devices you use such as:
- device IDs
- network connection type (e.g. wifi, 4G, LTE, Bluetooth)
- network and device performance
- information enabling digital rights management
- operating system
- Darbu application version
Information (such as the device name, device identifiers, brand and version) which enables us to discover and connect with third party
Devices and applications such as those listed below:
- devices on your wifi network (such as speakers) which can connect to the Darbu Service
- devices made available by your operating system when connecting via Bluetooth, plugin, and installation
- Additional data you may choose to give us
Payment and Purchase Data
If you make any purchases from Darbu (including a paid Service Option/merchandise), we will need to process your payment data.
The exact personal data collected will vary depending on the payment method, but will include information such as:
- Date of birth
- Credit or debit card type, expiration date, and certain digits of your card number (Note: For security, we never store your full card number)
- ZIP/postal code
- Mobile phone number
- details of your purchase and payment history
Contests and Surveys
- When you complete any forms, respond to a survey or questionnaire, or take part in a contest, we collect the personal data you provide.
Collected from other (‘third party’) sources
If you register for or log into our services using another service, we’ll receive your information from them to help create your account with us.
Third party applications, services and devices you connect to your Darbu account
If you connect your Darbu account to a third party application, service and/or devices, we may collect certain information from them to make the integration possible.
These third party apps, services or devices may include:
- social media
- audio (e.g. speakers and headphones)
- mobile phones and tablets
- automotive (e.g. cars)
We’ll ask your permission before we collect your information from certain third parties.
Advertising and marketing partners
We may get data about you from certain advertising or marketing partners.
This may include:
- cookie id
- mobile device id
- email address
- inferences (i.e., our understanding) of your interests and preferences
This allows us to deliver more relevant ads and marketing.
Sharing your personal data
This section sets out the categories of recipients of the personal data collected or generated through your use of the Darbu Service.
Publicly available information
The following personal data will always be publicly available on the Darbu Service:
- Your profile name
- Your profile photo
- Your public playlists
- Who you follow on the Darbu Service
- Who follows you on the Darbu Service (you can remove followers)
Personal data you may choose to share
We will only share the following personal data with those outlined in the table below:
Where sharing of particular personal data is needed for the use of a Darbu Service feature, or a third party application, service or device, which you have chosen to use; or
If you otherwise grant us your permission to share the personal data, e.g. by selecting the appropriate setting in the Darbu Service or by giving your consent
Third party applications, services and devices you connect to your Darbu Account
To connect your Darbu account, and/or allow you to use the Darbu Service in connection with third party applications, services or devices.
Examples of such third party applications, services and devices include: social media applications, speaker devices, automotive platforms, which interact with the Darbu Service.
Artists and record labels
To receive news or promotional offers directly from artists, record labels or other partners.
You may choose to share personal data or opt for an in-app notification (for example, your email address) for this purpose. You’ll always have the option to change your mind and withdraw your consent at any time.
Information we may share
See this table for details of who we share to and why.
So they can provide their services to Darbu.
These service providers may include those we hire to:
- Give customer support
- Operate the technical infrastructure we need to provide the Darbu Service
- Help market Darbu’s (and our partners’) products, services, events and promotions
- Assist in protecting and securing our systems and services (e.g. Google’s reCAPTCHA)
- So they can process your payments, and for anti-fraud purposes.
- To promote Darbu with our partners. We share some personal data with these partners where necessary to:
- Enable you to participate in Darbu promotions, including trials or other bundled offers
- To promote Darbu in media and advertising published on other online services
- Help us and our partners to measure the effectiveness of Darbu promotions
Examples of partners include:
- Marketing or sponsorship partners
- Websites and mobile apps who sell us advertising space on their services
- Device, app and mobile partners who also offer Darbu promotions
Our partners may also combine the personal data we share with them with other data they collect about you (e.g. your use of their services). We and our partners may use this information to present you with offers, promotions, or other marketing activities that we believe will be relevant to you.
Law enforcement and other authorities
When we believe in good faith it’s necessary for us to do so, for example:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To respond to a valid legal process (such as a search warrant, court order, or subpoena)
- For our own or a third party’s justifiable interest, relating to:
- National security
- Law enforcement
- Litigation (a court case)
- Criminal investigation
- Protecting someone’s safety
- Preventing death or imminent bodily harm.
Purchasers of our business
Where we sell or negotiate to sell our business to a buyer or possible buyer.
Data retention and deletion
We keep your personal data only as long as necessary to provide you with the Darbu Service and for Darbu’s legitimate and essential business purposes, such as:
- Maintaining the performance of the Darbu Service
- Making data-driven business decisions about new features and offerings
- Complying with our legal obligations
- Resolving disputes
If you close or request that we close your account, we’ll delete or anonymise your personal data so it no longer identifies you, unless we’re required to keep something or we still need to use it for a legally justifiable reason.
Here are some examples of situations where we’re legally allowed or required to keep some of your personal data:
- If there’s an unresolved issue relating to your account, such as an outstanding credit or unresolved claim or dispute
- For our legal, tax, audit and accounting obligations
- For our legitimate business interests such as fraud prevention or to maintain security.
Keeping your personal data safe
We’re committed to protecting our users’ personal data. We implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to help protect the security of your personal data. However, be aware that no system is ever completely secure.
We have implemented various safeguards including pseudonymisation, encryption, access, and retention policies to guard against unauthorised access and unnecessary retention of personal data in our systems.
To protect your user account, we encourage you to:
- Use a strong password that is unique to your Darbu account
- Never share your password with anyone
- Limit access to your phone
- Read more detail on protecting your account
The Darbu Service is not directed to children whose age:
- is under the age of 13 years
- or, makes it illegal to process their personal data
- or, requires parental consent to process their personal data
We do not knowingly collect personal data from children under the applicable Age Limit. If you’re under the Age Limit, please do not use the Darbu Service, and do not provide any personal data to us.
If you’re a parent of a child under the Age Limit and become aware that your child has provided personal data to Darbu, please contact us.
If we learn that we’ve collected the personal data of a child under the applicable Age Limit, we’ll take reasonable steps to delete the personal data. This may require us to delete the Darbu account for that child.
Changes to this Policy
We may occasionally make changes to this Policy.
When we make material changes to this Policy, we’ll provide you with prominent notice as appropriate under the circumstances. For example, we may display a prominent notice within the Darbu Service or send you an email or device notification.
How to contact us
For any questions or concerns about this Policy, contact us through:
Write to us at: A 3/4, Chhinga Veng, Aizawl, Mizoram 796001